REFLECTOR: Help checking out

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Oct 9 11:29:05 CDT 2012

Almost 10 years ago I took the factory training from Brendan, one of the
original Factory A&P, CFI and test pilots.  I thought it was very worth
while but certainly not absolutely necessary. I also happened to be in
Florida picking up my airplane so it was convenient also.

They did have a double stick so the pilot and CFI could move the center
stick.  It was nothing more than a bent tube in the form of a "J" that
clamped to the center stick, The J bolted towards the right seat side.

Some CFI's are going to want a dual throttle setup which most V's don't
have.

I've had BFR's and IFR recurrency's in my V, no dual stick or dual
throttle at the time.

I'm not a CFI, but do have 650+ hours in my V. If you were closer to
Albuquerque I'd be comfortable giving you stick time in your V. But
maybe you need CFI time for insurance reasons?

Scott