REFLECTOR: RS-10B1 problems

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 19:37:54 CDT 2012

Brian,

I have thought a lot about what you wrote, and I wanted to ask, why didn't you choose to T the return line, and plum these two lines, 1ea into each tank? I would think that if you kept the two new lines the same length, that the return volume to each tank should be very close to the same, helping to stop a fuel imbalance. As far as heating your fuel, again this would give a far greater volume to dissipate the heat. The same goes with any vapor or bubbles returned to both tanks. I don't really understand why there would be any vapors returned to the tanks, can you explain what you were seeing. Our two fuel servo systems may be different, I don't know what your system is. I will do a test using my fuel pump to analyze what my return fuel looks like as soon as I get time.

My RS-10B1 fuel servo valve output line uses # 4 AN fittings, which then goes to the input of my T fitting, which is installed on the top of my distribution valve. The inside diameter of the T fitting, is .167 inches. My # 72 bleed (.025 inches), is 6.68 times smaller than the original line and fittings feeding the T'd fitting, which now has the output with the # 72 bleed installed. I have then install approximately 36 inches of #4 braided stainless steel Teflon line and #4 AN fittings to get me through the firewall. I was going to plum it into my sump tank, but now I may T my line coming through the fire wall and plum a single 1/4" line to each fuel cell, since there may be, like you are saying a vapor or bubbling of the fuel.

If my gage was correct, I was seeing 55PSI at this same T fitting before I installed the # 72 bleed. I haven't done the calculations as to what volume of fuel will be returning to the tank. My operators manual for my engine says that the fuel consumption for its rated power at take off, is 24.6 gal per hour. 75% should get me in the 16.5 gal per hour range.

Andy Ellzey

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html    _______________________________________________To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflectorVisit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/galleryuser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangooseCheck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermailCheck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html