REFLECTOR: Methods and Tools questions

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Tue Oct 2 17:22:19 CDT 2012

The epoxy cooking seems to be well covered. :-)

Personally, I really like Resin Research. Stays cool, available with 3 or 4
different hardeners (there's one that cures in an hour). And it sticks to
aluminum like nobodies business.
http://www.resinresearch.net/id2.html

As for tools, I can't imagine building without air tools. The burp (or
fart, as Malcolm likes to call it) saw is invaluable. Air tools are also a
LOT lighter. And the Central Pneumatic from Harbor Freight last long enough
at such a low price that I never even think about when I have to toss one.
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/specialty-air-tools/high-speed-metal-saw-91753.html

You just can't beat a Hutchins Hustler sanding board. They aren't cheap,
but they can give you a nice straight wing or remove a ton of filler when
you lean on it.  I got mine on ebay.
http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/hut2000.html

As for electric, I love my 18v Li-Ion Makita drill. Light enough that it
doesn't wear you out and the battery last a long time.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11085598&cagpspn=pla

For hand tools, a permagrit kit is a must have.
http://www.permagrit.com/index.php?cPath=80_81

Don
XL-RG