REFLECTOR: Rough River - Apology

Tim Walsh timfwalsh01 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 1 15:09:58 CDT 2012

Folks,

I have owned/flown a canard aircraft since 1994.  It has been my goal to fly
to Rough River and bond with my fellow canardians!!  After all, it is a
short 3 hour flight from the Wash DC area.

Since 1994 I have attempted many times.  Either I was travelling overseas,
the plane was not ready, or the Wx was bad.

In preparation for this years flight, I had a fresh annual, and finally
solved a leaking oil issue.  So nice to get out of the plane and not see oil
on the bottom cowl ­ I am psyched now to fly!!

I now have all the necessary camping gear.  I purposely did not ask to sleep
on someone¹s couch ­ did not want to really jinx things.

I also ordered a new OAT probe, suction cup holder for my Ipad, and an in
flight Wx ADSB box!!

I took Friday and Monday off from work - just to make sure I had appropriate
Wx days.

Well, things did not turn out the way I would have liked.  I ordered the
wrong OAT probe from Dynon, Sporty¹s had the RAM suction cup on back order,
and when I called Sagetech for an update for the ADSB box, I was told that
they are very sorry for the inconvenience, but the boxes will not ship until
March!!  Appears their website did not contain this information ­ but they
did allow me pay for two day delivery.

On Friday morning I saw a Low front moving from Rough River to the Wash DC
area.  Without the ADSB I flight Wx, I did not want to risk it.

So, it appears every time I put vacation time on the calendar for Rough
River ­ I jinx it!!  So, those of you in the Wash DC area/East Coast, (Mark
Riley), who were intending to go ­ I profusely apologize!!

I hope everyone had a great time ­ maybe next year :-(

BTW ­ I fixed the OAT probe, received the RAM suction cup (great placement
for Ipad) and I plan to purchase a Stratus ADSB from Sporty¹s this week, for
a work trip to Tampa.

So, beware ­ the Wx for next week may not be all that great for those of you
heading to Tampa!!

You just have to laugh!!

Tim

Velocity 173FG N129VA