REFLECTOR: Aluminum lines on the engine

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:45:15 CST 2012

Brian,

The stainless over Teflon hose supplied with the kit should outlast the
engine.  Rigid aluminum lines for fuel or oil attached to the engine are an
absolute no-no.  The metal fatigue characteristics of aluminum are
completely different than steel.

By the way, the "oil drain" line on the fuel pump housing was instead an oil
supply line to the oil galleys in that device.

Larry Coen
N136LC