REFLECTOR: Props and exhaust.

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Nov 21 09:03:17 CST 2012

I think the heat problem that the proximity between the exhaust and the
prop can create, is mainly dependent on what the prop is made of.

I destroyed a Performance prop with a similar exhaust setup to Dave's.
The maple layers started to delaminate. The glue used couldn't handle
the heat. I replaced it with a Cato and the problem was solved.  Craig
told me the glue he uses for the maple core is not effected by the heat,
he also said the epoxy laminated over the maple core spread the heat
out, which prevents a hot spot from forming.

Scott

--
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.
Euripides