REFLECTOR: Early model Velocity RG Engine Cooling

David Smith dwsmithaircraft at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 08:15:44 CST 2012

I have bought and am rebuilding a damaged Standard Velocity RG. It appears it has gone through a couple of air inlet mods with the latest being under strakes at wing to fuselage corners. I am at the stage where I would like to incorporate the best cooling to drag design before paint. The baffling that came with the aircraft is all wrong for the flow in the cowl. I have looked and thought about differences between up-flow and down-flow cooling with down-flow being simplest with baffling, but with low air inlets being simplest at modification. Any suggestion or a point in where to go for info will be appreciated.