REFLECTOR: Marker beacon receiver

stedmanlou at roadrunner.com stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Sun Nov 18 22:08:46 CST 2012

Could someone educate me on the use of my marker beacon receiver? Since I am not IFR cert. I do not use it. I have a King KR-21. I was trying to shoot an approach yesterday but could not get a light at the OM. I tried the King website but didn't find any operator's manual. My unit has a switch on the right side and three positions. They are labeled H, L, T. I assume the T is for test. When I put the switch in that position I get lights on the A and M but not on the O. While shooting the approach my switch was in the center position labeled L. Not sure what H and L are for or which position I should be in. I did get an audibal signal as i passed over the OM. I did check for notams on the LOC but none were listed. Thanks
--
Lou Stedman
LEZ N9EC