REFLECTOR: Need some advice/measurements

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 12:40:23 CST 2012

What model?

-----Original Message-----
From: Clayton Chase <chasec at gmail.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 11:36 am
Subject: REFLECTOR: Need some advice/measurements

Hi, all.   The plans for my basement modification took a sad turn today, the width of my opening to get the plane past one post has to be shrunk from 12' to 11' 1".   The height there is 7'.    Am I going to run into problems?

Can someone tell me to the nearest 1/2" how wide the fueselage and strakes are at the widest point?    How high are the ends of the strakes?   I'm assuming they are about 14" high but don't know exactly.

Using several estimated heights of the strakes:
For 10" high I can handle a length of 12' 8.2"
For 14" high, I can only get a length of 12' 6.2"
For 18" high I can only a length of 12' 4.5" through

This is cutting it a LOT closer than I like.

ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html