REFLECTOR: Fwd: Test flying update

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:51:30 CST 2012

Rene,

Good points - I haven't been practicing those scenarios enough.  Thanks for
the reminder.

One other thing I didn't mention - the sparrow strainer.  Initially, I
installed it as per the manual.  It had great pitch stability, but required
some man-handling of the stick during high-speed decent.  I took it off and
flew it for a bit and it was better (didn't require so much stick down
pressure at high speed), then I put it back on upside down.  With it upside
down, it doesn't have much pitch stability but it is a breeze to handle at
any speed.  When I mean it doesn't have any pitch stability, when you push
or pull the stick, it will not correct itself and eventually resume the
original altitude, it will drift.  AP does a fine job of keeping it at
altitude, and its not like it wanders all over the place so I may leave it
like this.

Geoff