REFLECTOR: velocity embroidery

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 07:07:14 CDT 2012

I suspect most shops would like to have a vector graphic.  Something like a
JPG contains pixel information for the entire image, whereas a vector
graphic describes paths for a tool to follow.  CorelDraw is the industry
standard for this sort of thing.  You can import a JPG and it will create a
vector outline that you can manipulate.  I used this when I was designing
my panel and needed to create vector images that a laser cutter could use.
 If you go to the shop with a JPG, I'm sure they'll be able to convert it
to a vector image and embroider, but they may add an extra few bucks for
the time they have to spend.  You can download a free full-featured trial
version of CorelDraw and do that part yourself.  Or, I can do it for you if
you show me which logo you want.

Geoff