REFLECTOR: Velocity Hotel

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Fri Nov 2 17:23:55 CDT 2012

The Velocity Hotel / Travel Club is getting off to a great start, so thanks
to everybody that has emailed me to offer their accomodations.  Just a
quick update, I've added folks to the database, and will add the search to
the "Member's DB" tab of my website shortly, so if you want to take
advantage and don't have a login, just click on the register link and drop
me a note so I can give you Builder's access to the database.

Basic seaching will probalby be available this weekend.  I'm going to try
and code an improved search so you can lookup rooms within x miles of an
airport or address (or maybe zip code) to make it easier to find folks, but
need to scratch my head a bit on how to do that best (if someone has
cracked that nut already, drop me a note offline).

Brett

  On Tue, Oct 30, 2012, at 04:04 PM, Brett Ferrell wrote:
> I wanted to run an idea by folks.  Larry Parham encouraged me to send
this, and it's similar to offers by Terry Miles and others have made (in
fact Elizabeth and I have hosted several Velocity builders and owners at
our house) as well as the Central States concept of having a listing of
potential hosts around the country (or the world).  So....

> If folks think it would be of use, I'd create a listing of
Velocity/Reflector members who are willing to host you or I while we're out
enjoying our airplanes.  I'd put it behind the secure login area so it
wouldn't be a "public" listing with everybody and their brother able to
call or send you junk mail, but I know I have enjoyed the hospitality of
more than one member of this community, and I'd like to pay it forward.

> If you would like to offer your home I would encourage you to send me a
private note (bferrell at fastmail dot fm ~ obscured for spam! bots,
replace the @ and .) with your address, phone, and whatever details you
would like (such as you could let someone borrow a car, even if you don't
have a guest room, or if you could host a couple but don't have room for
kids, are allergic to dogs, whatever) and I will add a "Hotel" area on the
Database tab of my website, searchable by city or state, and whatever other
useful subdivisions come to mind.  I will also ask Terry if I can include
the CSA listing here as well (if I do, I will highlight those folks
different so you can tell who are Velocity owners, and who are 'other'
canard so you know before you call).