REFLECTOR: trailing edge thickness and vortex generators

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed May 30 08:13:59 CDT 2012

My ailerons TE are about 1/8 inch, never had snatch problems.

I've been running VG's for years and love um. I don't think they are
ugly.  No more than the Vortilons.

MY only complaint is you have to be a bit more careful around then when
washing the plane. The loss of top speed is negligible, I'd say less
than 2 knots, but it will depend on how correctly they are installed.

The benefit of better lift, lower main wing and canard stall, and better
low speed aileron effectives far out weigh the negatives.

Scott