REFLECTOR: Mo-Progress

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Mon May 28 00:06:33 CDT 2012

I just finished the last piece in a culmination of "upgrades" on my 173 FGE Nosegear.

Over time I have upgraded the fork to the heavier duty one. (Note: The old one fit perfect.. the new one required a small shim to make the fit right).

I have installed the rubber damper upgrade per lots of advice on here. Seems a hell of a lot more secure!

I purchased a new nose strut with the gussets. The new one showed up just like the original one: KingPin angle wrong!. It, like the original was fixed, but that has me wondering if more folks are having that issue.

Since tire pressure is an issue, I recently purchased an air-stop tube that is supposed to not bleed off pressure nearly as bad as stock tubes. Hope that works as advertised.

I just finished balancing the new nose wheel assembly. It took 1.5 oz. but only because I played with the tire/rim orientation to minimize that.

Put it all back together with blue locktite to keep things snug.

Thanks to all for the input on all these items. It is a wealth of information. If I get shimmy now.. I will really be perplexed :)

Finished wet-sanding the fuselage this morning. Should have paint on the fuselage by week's end... For some unknown reason, they want me to come to work every day! Can you believe it.. When I am this close   Damn.

Onward,

 Kurt Winker