REFLECTOR: nose wheel fork bushing

Barry Gibbons gibbons at as.net
Sun May 27 19:32:50 CDT 2012

Hello
I got a new bushing for the XLRG nose fork where the landing gear goes thru the fork and it is about 1/8 inch longer than the hole in the nose fork. Does any body know why the bushing would come from the factory longer than the nose fork? Is the bushing made to be longer and there is a difference washer to go around the bushing. Right now I have the bushing sticking out on top of the nose fork. The manual show a phenolic washer on top. Does that washer go around the bushing? My old bushing was flush with the top of the fork.
Barry