REFLECTOR: Landing gear box

Glenn Falkenberg airmech2 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 18:42:23 CDT 2012

Hello All

This is my first post to the Reflector site so first off let me introduce
myself.  I'm Glenn Falkenberg from Lancaster Ca. and recently purchased a
SUV kit that has been partly started.  After doing some inspections on the
work that has been completed there is one item I'm not sure about.  The
landing gear box assembly has been installed but appears to be too high.
According to the manual it says to cut a 3" by 3" in the side of the
fuselage to allow the spar to sit at the proper level but I only can go
down 2.5".  This would place the spar too high.  I have attached some
pictures, any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Glenn Falkenberg