REFLECTOR: Phase 1 Flight testing

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Sat May 26 17:51:46 CDT 2012

Yes check max throws. When I flew my bird in from Livermore I popped the top cowl at Deer Valley AZ (for some reason...) and found on max aileron throw my STEC autopilot roll servo linkage went to overcenter, completely locked.
I always jam the stick full forward and side to side on preflight and again on taxi out. It had passed those tests yet apparently I didn't crank hard enough on the stick in the cockpit. It jammed when moving the right aileron torque tube manually from in the engine compartment.
As He sees fit The Lord takes care of his little talking donkeys...
Check your max throw.

Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4