REFLECTOR: First problem - Shipping!

Travis Holland htcruiser at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 17:55:07 CDT 2012

Hi Clayton:
I have been transporting kits for Velocitys since 1994. I have seen my share of wings that are build by the owner, built by dynamic wing, Brazil wings and the wings that are being currently built by the factory. I built a set for my first Velocity and a set for Big Orange which was  a demo plane that Velocity used for several years. At that time there were no fast build wing options. Having built two sets, I would only build another set as a last resort. It is very time consuming and a lot of hard work. You can't imagine how much sanding in necessary to obtain a nice straight set of wings. Getting the wings bonded to the spars and then getting the triax  on the foam cores is just a start in the wing building process.

My advice would be to send the wings back to the factory if at all possible. By building them yourself, you will be working very cheap by the hour and not assured a quality product. Don't forget the Canard, it's just as important as the wings. If you send the wings back you should be able to get the fuselage taken with out any additional cost.  Getting the fast built fuselage option is worth every penny in my opinion. Getting the windows installed so they look professional can be done but it's not so easy. Getting both fast build options will greatly enhance your chances of finishing and flying your Velocity.

Travis Holland