REFLECTOR: New owner - Introduction

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Wed May 23 08:48:07 CDT 2012

Clayton,

Congrats on your new project! Did you buy the kit from Onik "Harry" Alajajyan? I heard he was selling one in the southern CA area and was offering a good price on an unstarted kit.

You'll find the community here very helpful. I have some ideas for your transportation issues, but will post them on that thread.

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
XL-RG, 32% complete
Preping winglet tips and extensions for bonding

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Clayton Chase
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:33 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: New owner - Introduction

Hi everybody!

My name is Clayton Chase and I just bought a used but un-started XL-FG kit.
I'll answer a few of the basics about myself to get started.
I live in Seattle and work in the information technology field.
I've been flying for about 3 years now and have 400+ hours and my CFI.
 My goal with the Velocity is to fly from Seattle to Arizona and
California a couple of times a year, plus to the Midwest to visit my
family about once a year.     I am planning on building in my
basement, and am making significant changes prior to the kit arriving
so I can get it in and out and have enough room to work.   I've been
lusting after velocities for about 2 years now and finally bought the
kit.    I'm really looking forward to working on it and expect it to
take me about 6 years.

I've already got 'issues' that I hope the list can help me with that
I'll put in a new message so it's easier to track.

Clayton Chase