REFLECTOR: Progress

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Fri May 18 06:21:08 CDT 2012

Jack,

What sort of EI are you using?  A LightSpeed EI offers a "p-lead" like
disable where grounding of this lead will disable the ignition.  When I
took over my project, it came with an older Lightspeed ignition box.  I
took a look at the wiring schematics on Klaus' website and saw that this
option was available and assumed it was enabled on my box.  I wired my
ignition system such that I used this to control my box.  But, when I
started my engine, I found that it didn't work (ignition as on regardless
of the p-lead grounding switch position).  After talking to Klaus at LS, I
found that this "p-lead disable" was an option and had to send my box back
to Klaus to get it installed.

I use two switches, one for my mag, one for the EI, but if you had a LS box
with this option installed, you could use a regular keyed ignition switch.

Geoff