REFLECTOR: Progress

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Fri May 18 05:47:55 CDT 2012

Hi Jack,
I have a std aircraft keyed ignition switch in my bird currently running two mags. I will convert to three toggles in the future: IGN1, IGN2 and START. I did this years ago on my Long EZ as some folks were having contact failures on those keyed ignition switches. The set up described works for mags and electronic ignition and is fairly bullet-proof. I wrote an article many years ago on the conversion and advantages for the San Diego EZ Squadron and will look for it. I believe it was Single Pos Double Pole toggles for the ignitions and a Momentary Double Pole toggle for the starter motor. Someone please correct me if incorrect. It worked fabulous and was quite 'hearty' in it's function and simplicity.

Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4