REFLECTOR: Nose gear microswitch

sbjknox sbjknox at earthlink.net
Tue May 15 17:53:37 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
[snip]
>   The problem seems to be that the linkage flexes more and exceeds the
> switch travel, bending the switch.  Then the light won't come on when the
> gear is down.  Is there a switch that has more travel in the closed
> position, or a way to modify mine?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hi John,
I had to modify my switch for more travel.  I extended the lever arm using a
small spring fastened to the original arm. Inside  the end of the spring, I
threaded a small bolt (or large machine screw, I don't remember which, but
whatever fits) that contacts the gear as did the little wheel on the switch
originally.  Basically, a longer, springy lever arm.
Sorry, no photo available.

Sid Knox
Oklahoma

Velocity  173 RG  N199RS