REFLECTOR: Email vs forum

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Mon May 14 07:29:58 CDT 2012

See, this and Hiroo's comments are the kind of negative feeling that I just
honestly don't need, so why don't we table this topic?

Everyone has a login to Brian's site ([LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/options/reflector/] tvbf.org) today, but
apparently they don't realize it, even though you get a monthly email
telling you what your password to that site is. And you're actually meant
to maintain your own email address for that list rather than post "please
change my email" to everyone.  I really think adding the forum option would
only be better, since it would work just the same as it does today for the
email folks but offer additional functionality.

But clearly people don't see it that way and I don't want folk's to think
I'm pushing my website.  I don't make any money from my site, I offer it
for the benefit of the community (like the [LINK:
http://www.velocityxl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page] Wiki), and it
seems that a significant portion of the community doesn't see it as help. I
don't want to be the focus point of irritation for folks, so let's drop it,
eh?

Brett

> On Sun, May 13, 2012, at 11:01 PM, Scott Durham wrote:
>I just tried to go vote and it wants me to log in. I don't have a login
for this site. Leave it an email list.