REFLECTOR: Email vs forum

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Sun May 13 07:11:41 CDT 2012

Folks,

Ok, I think we're missing that there is a relatively easy solution to this
that doesn't require anyone to change if they're happy with emails.  Brett
already has a fully functional forum.  Currently, the only thing that his
forum does not do is post to the email list.  If you're a user on Brett's
forum, a post created there will only be seen on that forum.  But, if Brett
enables it, posts on his forum can also be sent to the email list.  If he
were to enable this, those of us who prefer the forum can use it and see
both forum posts as well as those who post via email to the reflector list.
 Those who prefer the email list can continue and see emails from other
email list users as well as forum posts.

Brett - is can you confirm that I have this correct?  Would anyone have any
objections to Brett turning this post-to-email-list feature on?  His forum
requires a username/password, so it is essentially as resistant as this
email list to spam.

Geoff