REFLECTOR: Door grip

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Sun May 13 06:56:11 CDT 2012

All,

After I got my plane painted, assembled and in the hanger with the doors
on, I quickly found that opening the door was a little awkward.  You have
to turn the door handle with one hand while placing your flat palm on the
underside of the strake extension without it slipping.  It seems there
should be some sort of grip on the underside of the strake extension on the
door to help in lifting the door.  I was regretting not creating a little
cutout finger grip there prior painting.  I think I will make some sort of
low-profile, streamlined grip that I'll paint and bond on.  Do you guys
know what I'm talking about?  Has anyone else put some sort of grip there?

Geoff