REFLECTOR: Brakes

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 14:02:32 CDT 2012

Don,

I have the same Matco XT's that came with my XLRG. I have also upgraded everything on my kit to the -5 except for the Cleavland brakes and the toe brake option. I read your article when you first posted it a year or so ago. I hope to be taxi testing and flying in the next several months. Question, did you ask if Matco would take any of your unused parts in on trade when you bought your XTE parts. I'm sure you did, and I am sure that they probably said no. Since my new parts have pretty much no value, I was going to at least try them out before I spent the additional money for the upgrade. My home base airport (ROG) is 6011' long, so landing distance shouldn't be a problem for a while. Are you flying yet, have you tried out your Matco XTE's?

Andy Ellzey
N151AJ
XLRG