REFLECTOR: Cooling the engine

Doug Kanczuzewski doug at customstudio.com
Tue Mar 27 10:26:40 CDT 2012

I had been struggling for awhile with high temps, tried all things myself. Exhaust wrap, ceramic coating exhaust, scoop on naca, lower cowling opening (around turbo, which helped with melting control cables), electric fan in cowling,  but how I finally got mine worked out on the IO-540 was bite the bullet and get the fuel servo output increased. More fuel flow.

Doug