REFLECTOR: Obtaining Repairmans Certificate

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Tue Mar 20 10:20:43 CDT 2012

Yeah, I think it does.  The FAA knows about it too.  They were all over
the "investigation", and had me do a check ride.  After it was all over,
the FAA was actually pretty reasonable, except for the CYA parts.

The guy that came to inspect the damage said he'd recommend no further
action.  Then, they contacted me for a check ride, and the examiner said
it was recommended from the first guy that I go through the check ride.
Whatever.  Interesting comment from the reviewer said, "next time, get
the plane back on the runway."

I currently am configured with two blades on the IVO.  The reason is so
that I can hit higher RPMs for testing.  One of the issues I identified
prior to the first flight was the lack of high RPM testing.