REFLECTOR: Obtaining Repairmans Certificate

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Mon Mar 19 21:48:12 CDT 2012

Three years ago I had my first flight and put the plane into a
cornfield.  Ever since then, I've been rebuilding, and didn't pay any
attention to getting my repairmans certificate.  Now, of course, I need
to sign off the annual inspection, and could do it myself if I had my
certificate.  So, I looked at the form, and it says I have one year from
the date of the first flight to get my certificate.

Is this set in stone?  I'm getting ready to go to the SAT FSDO and apply.