REFLECTOR: 444DX update

David Ullman ullman at robustdecisions.com
Mon Mar 19 12:34:38 CDT 2012

Last week we transitioned from my test pilot to me.  I have now flown 444DX
twice, solo.  I have about 1.5 hours so far.  Weather in the NW is not
cooperating (big surprise for March).  But I am getting sufficient time to
generate and fix a squawk list as expected.  I am working off a 5000ft
runway until I get better speed control, landings are improving.  I will
provide some numbers like takeoff/landing distance as I generate them.

First landing had a good tension breaker as when I was on final another
plane pulled on the runway without announcing or paying any attention to me
barreling along at near 100kts (I am approaching fast until I get my speed
control skills better).  I buzzed him and went around.  It did break the
tension as I did all the right things and he didn't.

Waiting for clear skies in Oregon

David Ullman
N-444DX Velocity
EAA 292 President