REFLECTOR: Plane flies sideways

Ron Velocity XLFG VelocityXL at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 13 23:39:15 CDT 2012

Thanks for all the input on my plane fling sideways . So far my findings  are the front
wheel is really out of balance. I mentioned a vibration a few weeks back at take off
and now I think I have found it . The front wheel is really out of balance. I did as some suggested
and tapped the brakes after take off  but the vibration still continued . I believe the tire is so out of balance that
it is causing the front wheel to turn in the air.  On touch down a had a friend tell me he saw the tire do a complete
360 spin  before going straight  which makes me think that the front wheel is vibrating so much that
it causes the front wheel to turn . He also  said he thought the front wheel looked to be turn as I came down final
but he was not sure . So now I will balance the front wheel and see if it helps.

Ron