REFLECTOR: fuel

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Mar 13 13:53:14 CDT 2012

The culprits are oxygen containing hydrocarbons which are present in
most car gasolines, not avgas.  How much the foam is affected varies
with the specific additive, the concentration of the additive and the
type of foam.  I did some testing 10 years ago on the blue foam and as I
recall regular gasoline was not a problem, but the additives in pure
form were.  It would be simple for someone with some blue foam to test
with different gasolines.

John