REFLECTOR: Aro-Tek Nose gear door cylinder

David Scharfenberg dave at winco.net
Mon Mar 12 21:20:49 CDT 2012

My mechanical system has been working perfectly since 2005.  I would recommend mechanical.

Dave Scharfenberg

On Mar 12, 2012, at 7:14 PM, Darrell & Nora Kufalk wrote:

My Aro-Tek nose gear door cylinder started leaking about a month ago.  I called Velocity parts today and they said they can’t get rebuild kits these older style cylinders any more.  I took it apart tonight and there are special piston and rod seals in it.  I was hoping for just a few o-rings.

I wanted to switch over to the mechanical actuator system but Scott Swing talked me out of it a while back.  He said it’s not perfected yet.  What are my other options?

Darrell