REFLECTOR: Aro-Tek Nose gear door cylinder

Darrell & Nora Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Mon Mar 12 19:14:05 CDT 2012

My Aro-Tek nose gear door cylinder started leaking about a month ago.  I
called Velocity parts today and they said they can't get rebuild kits these
older style cylinders any more.  I took it apart tonight and there are
special piston and rod seals in it.  I was hoping for just a few o-rings.

I wanted to switch over to the mechanical actuator system but Scott Swing
talked me out of it a while back.  He said it's not perfected yet.  What are
my other options?

Darrell