REFLECTOR: Uneven Cylinder Cooling

Jones Nick nick.jones at volvo.com
Mon Mar 12 08:38:27 CDT 2012

It looks to me that the two hottest CHT are on the same cylinders with the hottest EGT. In this case it would follow that the hottest CHT are because there is more heat generated in these cylinders than the others. IMHO, I would look at why there is a difference in the EGTs before chasing the CHT issue. If your EGTs are even and the CHTs are different, then I would start looking at cooling issues.

Best regards,

Nick and Connie Jones
Velocity XL-RG
N10CN