REFLECTOR: Blow by

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 09:23:05 CDT 2012

Hi Renee,
No your right on, as was posted earlier I neglected the issue of
overfilling the crankcase and the crank windage slinging more oil into mist
and overboard venting. I mentioned the negative G issue for few folks
discuss it, it is there however. No matter how slight the negative G is
(Type Negative G into Youtube and you'll get some humorous vids), the oil
is rising to the top of the engine. In even light to moderate chop the
overfilling and crank windage-slinging will be greatly magnified, as well
as some pure oil vs vapor being blown out the CC vent.
Mark