REFLECTOR: Engine Controls in Instrument Panel

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Sat Mar 10 19:43:17 CST 2012

I created a small sub-panel that is permanently attached to the fuselage.
It has a flange that the rest of the panel attaches to.

Details here:

http://www.velocity-xl.com/blog/2011/10/14/13-2-1-instrument-panel-mounting/

-Don
XL-RG

From: "Jack Prock" <jackprock at wavecable.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 15:36:25 -0800
Subject: REFLECTOR: Engine Controls in Instrument Panel
**
Hi,

I am putting together the instrument panel plan and there is something that
I'm not sure what
to do with. The engine/prop control levers, are basically cable handles
with the large
part of the handle on the front side of the panel. That means that I can't
run the engine
controls until I finally install the panel. Without cutting a small slit in
the instrument
panel for the cables to slide through, or making a separate mounting panel
that
matches up to the instrument panel that is separate, I don't know how this
would work.

If I don't do one of these two variations, if I ever want to pull the panel
out, I would
have to pull then engine control cables out first.

How have others dealt with this issue?

Jack