REFLECTOR: Dynon Skyview

Dean May deanvmay at frontier.com
Fri Mar 9 15:11:15 CST 2012

I am in the process of installing the ADAHRS and have decided to place it in
the strake storage nook.  I also purchased the backup ADAHRS and placed that
in the other storage nook.  The biggest problem I have with this
installation was getting the ADAHRS level.  I accomplish this, I first
installed a slice of blue foam contoured to approximately level with
microballon mixture.  Then, after that set, I test fitted the ADAHRS and
sanded the foam to be truly level.  I attached the ADAHRS onto a fiberglass
pad with screws and then set it onto the foam pad with the microballon
mixture and adjusted it to be level again.  After it cured, I again checked
it and it was still level, so I am happy.  As for the pitot/static lines, I
installed two 90 degree elbows into the ADAHRS ran a short piece to an
opening I cut just behind the door carbon beam.  Then another 90 degree
fitting and a short length of tubing to reach the conduit.  Then another 90
degree fitting and tubing enough to reach forward to the bulkhead.  Really,
no big problems except for the time waiting for the microballoon to cure
each time.

Dean  May

N474MA STDRG