REFLECTOR: Dynon Skyview

Doug Kanczuzewski doug at customstudio.com
Fri Mar 9 12:58:40 CST 2012

I installed the 10" after having to replace my Blue Mountain. The AHARS I had trouble finding a place. The Interface module went behind the rear seats to replace the old BM, but I ran a long cable and actually tried different areas inside the cabin while powered up, and did not find a good location from interference anywhere on the floor,  unless you count about two feet off the floor in the middle of the cabin. I did not want to try the strakes because of the pressure lines and tight fit to level and adjust. The best place I found was in the nose, opposite side of the batteries, and built a shelf above the brake reservoirs. I also have the autopilot on the canard, copilot side, and  tried that area as well, but again too much interference. Pilot side canard was full so I could not test there.
Doug K
XLRG 540 turbo