REFLECTOR: Nylaflow fittings

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Wed Mar 7 12:23:54 CST 2012

Scott,
It depends on how much you have- a short length (as needed at a major flex
point) might not show much/enough to degrade your braking effort, motor
vehicles often have some short runs of flex line, but they also have power
boosted brakes, so the loss of brake effort is more than made up for by the
booster. I worked as an engineer for Nippondenso (now Denso Global) , they
make among other things, the brake systems for Toyota, and one of the design
considerations was to calculate how much bake effort(volume) was lost due to
the flex lines- they would try to put a coiled solid line wherever possible,
only using hose (specifically designed for brake use) when option one was
not feasible.
If you are perfectly happy with your brakes, then that is great, I did
mis-read that you had sent the message and not Brian, but since he has some
issues, it would be advisable for him to avoid exacerbating them with larger
diameter lines, or anything else that might reduce his brake effectiveness.

Alex