REFLECTOR: Breather tube

Jones Nick nick.jones at volvo.com
Fri Mar 2 13:00:38 CST 2012

You would have to have a PCV valve to go to the intake. Without a PCV valve you would have a vacuum leak in the intake that would throw off the A/F ratio causing all kinds of hate and discontent from the engine. The newer computer controlled engine have a fixed crankcase vent that pulls the crankcase fumes into the intake but the computer compensates for the extra air during idle conditions.

Best regards,

Nick and Connie Jones
Velocity XL-RG
N10CN