REFLECTOR: elevator

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Fri Mar 2 12:32:20 CST 2012

Well things finally warmed up enough in the North country to do some work on my canard. I removed it at the beginning of winter to do the conversion from non-concentric to concentric torque tubes. I reinstalled it on the aircraft today and hooked up the linkage to the control stick. When everything was tight, I noticed that the trailing edge of my left elevator was off .011” with my right elevator. I know this is a very small difference but I just wondered, before I test fly it, if this will be  a major problem. If so, any advice how to correct it?

Lou Stedman
Velocity SEFG
N7044Q
Olean, NY