REFLECTOR: Breather tube

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri Mar 2 12:19:19 CST 2012

I thought PCV did create a little crankcase pressure.  My 1975 BMW
motorcycle had that feature and they forgot to redesign the main seals
for the higher pressure and I had problems with leaks.  I solved the
problem by removing the PCV device and just venting to the air.  As was
mentioned, the main thing is to have adequate ventilation to avoid
engine oil leaks.  As your compression leak increases with age, more
venting will be needed.

John