REFLECTOR: First long Cross Country

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Fri Jun 22 18:23:23 CDT 2012

I am planning on taking my first long trip in my Normally Aspirated, Dual EI, MT, IO-390, SERG. Going from Naples, FL to Norfolk, NE. (Day VFR. Not ready to test her in IFR yet.)

I figure I can make it with one stop to stretch the legs and relieve the bladder.

My question is cruising altitudes. (I can take an O2 bottle if there is any good gain by going up 16,500 or 17,500).

What altitudes do you find most efficient etc for a Velo.

I have two timing advance curves with my E-Mag and P-Mag. I am currently using curve A as set by the factory not tried curve B yet. (I have not hooked them up at an EICAD yet.)