REFLECTOR: Air intake

Al Gietzen alventures at cox.net
Fri Jun 22 09:14:37 CDT 2012

Ron;

It depends on a number of factors; including fin density and thickness of
the core. For Velocity speeds; typically a ratio of cooler face area to duct
entrance area of 4-5 is good for core thickness of 2-3 inches. For thicker
core, say 3.5", maybe use 5.5.

The shape of the diffuser section (duct from entrance to cooler) is
important as well to avoid turbulence in the duct and get best pressure
recovery. Are you familiar with the K & W bell shape diffuser?

Al