REFLECTOR: Reflector: Propeller Feathering

John Abraham john at velocityaircraft.com
Wed Jun 20 17:05:09 CDT 2012

The Aero Composite was smoother than the MT and extremely durable. However, after having a hub seize after they claimed they fixed the issue I wrote them off.

Also performance gains were +12kts going to the MT, better cooling since their blade design develops better cooling. Aero composite is (sorry, was) $3-4,000 more than the MT and it isn't complete when you get it.

Blade number 4 is for increased blade area for operations above 15,000. Below the 3 blade is sufficient. However typically you see less FOD on the 4 blades caused by sucking things into them as a result of better ground clearance.