REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 87, Issue 104

John Abraham john at velocityaircraft.com
Tue Jun 19 14:46:17 CDT 2012

You should see around 15:1 +/- for building variations with a zero thrust
setting and gear up.  I have done a 2.5-2.75 NM glide from 2800 feet back to
the runway with a windmilling propeller on an XL before.  (yes engine was
out so no additional thrust)  best glide airspeed is 85KCAS at gross.  So
L/D will decrease if you are lighter slightly. We cleared the fence by about
5' or so.

                      John