REFLECTOR: HOPE I GET AT LEAST THREE BACK!

Tom Cacek hytec45 at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 09:41:13 CDT 2012

IMHO, there is too much useless chatter on the reflector as is, and this Political CRAP is not what the reflector was intended for.  As one of the first 5 members, it was intended as a builder support tool, and not a chat room.   I know it's a life achievement when you finish and fly your Velocity, and I love to hear about the experience (I remember mine), but why can't you guy's figure out that you can send the "That a Boy", "Good Job" "Way to Go" and other one or two word replies that mean nothing to other reflector members DIRECTLY to the originator?  I DO, and it's more of a personal congratulations sent directly, as your taking the time to send it him, and not just signing the "Office Card".

Then God for bid, there is no traffic on the Reflector for a day or two.  Then we get the "Is anyone out there?",,,"What is everyone doing?"  BUILDING!!  If more time is spent building and not flying the computer, more first flights would be posted.  I know some are thinking "who pissed in his Cheerios, all you have to do is hit delete."  Not true.  Most posts have a subject line that refers to a valid issue with the Velocity.  There might be some useful information the replies to that post may contain.  Then only to open it and have a it say "OK".  Send that directly to the originator.

All I'm saying is respect the many, many members on the Reflector and think, "is what I am sending worthy to be sent to ALL members, or is it personal to only one.  I think this is worthy and many probably agree with me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I will get off my Soap Box,
TEC

BTW, Did you know at one time there was a separate Reflector.  It was just for the serious group of builders, and didn't include the factory.