REFLECTOR: What engine hoist?

Jones Nick nick.jones at volvo.com
Tue Jun 12 14:55:11 CDT 2012

You're a lucky man.

Best regards,

Nick and Connie Jones
Velocity XL-RG
N10CN
99% done 90% to go

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Reiff Lorenz
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:46 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: What engine hoist?

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'll check out the local Harbor Freight and see if they have a 2-ton model (for the extra extension) in stock. I have a pile of 20% off coupons, and this is a great use for one. I'll also check ebay or see if any local builders have a used one to sell.

I avoid renting tools because it always takes me longer than I think it will and I end up spending more than the tool would have cost. Borrowing tools is great if you only need them briefly, but I hate feeling rushed to use it and return it.

I'm only 10 months into my build, and I suspect I'll need the hoist a number of times in the next few years. I'll consider myself lucky if I'm wrong!

Besides, my wife enjoys owning tools almost more than I do. She was the one who insisted I go online and look for engine hoists. I try to be a good husband and get her everything I want. :-)

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
XL-RG, 33% complete
Continental installation kit and mock-up engine arrive next week