REFLECTOR: First flight

Al Gietzen alventures at cox.net
Sat Jun 9 20:28:24 CDT 2012

Way to go Chris!!  That is a life-changing milestone.  Congratulations!

Reminiscent of 1st flight with my plane - oil temp hit 225 and ended the
flight with one turn around the patch. As you said; not critical, but you
don't want to run a rotary very long above that temp.  For me it took some
work on the scoop; and eventually a second oil cooler to keep things in the
comfort zone on a hot day.  You might consider an auxiliary oil/coolant heat
exchanger.

Now that you are a "real" pilot, get out there at 0700 when air temp is
below 80 and maybe you can fly long enough to enjoy it.

Al